The Caesarea Development Corporation is the executive branch of the Edmond de Rothschild Foundation- a continuation of the philanthropic legacy of the Rothschild family started by the well-known benefactor. In the 1960s, the company was entrusted with realizing Baron Edmond Benjamin de Rothschild’s vision for Caesarea as a “gem” settlement, and one of Israel’s most beautiful destinations for tourism, recreation and leisure. This would be accomplished by investing in the development of the foundation’s lands for residential, industrial and tourism purposes. A large portion of the profits go to the Edmond de Rothschild Foundation, with the goal of developing Caesarea as a unique community in Israel as well as donating to institutions that promote basic and higher education in Israel.
Scope of Activity
- Initiation and development of residential neighborhoods
- Initiation and establishment of income-generating properties
- Tourism, recreation and leisure
- Management and development of the Caesarea Business Park ecosystem
- Reinforcing Caesarea as a location of prestige, community and demographic growth
- Energy and environmental initiatives – economic development of sustainable energy, water, air, and greenery